Conventional wisdom steers us away from selling a home during November to January. The reasons are people are too too busy and the weather is too bad to think about moving. However if you want to sell, and the time works for YOU, there are some advantages.
- More serious buyers = Less time wasted. The colder months sees less house browsers and more motivated, qualified buyers that know what they want.
- Fewer homes on the market. The less competition there is, the higher the chance there is for homes on the market to sell.
- Decked Halls Look Great! Homes show so well during this magical, festive season right through the first week of January.
- Rising Interest Rates. Savvy buyers are watching the market for rates and know higher rates equal a higher monthly cost. That could motivate them to move sooner than later.
- Transferred Employees. January is a popular month when employees are transferred into new positions. This group of re-locators are motivated and cannot wait until spring.
Do you want to discuss your home’s winter listing potential? Call, email, or text me today for a confidential no pressure consultation. I am always happy to talk with my neighbors!